Marketing Libraries: What the not-for-profits can learn from the lots-of-profits
A webinar providing library marketing strategies that build awareness, grow your audience, and establish your library as an authoritative source and a definitive provider of services for the community.
This event has passed.
You built it and promoted it, but they didn’t come? Libraries can learn from marketing strategies that for-profit organizations use. Get beyond the one-off approach to promotion. Explore how to build "ambient awareness," establishing your library as an authoritative source and a definitive provider of services for the community. Learn how to use social media not only for communication, but as a tool to monitor and document the impact of the library. Get your whole team on board to tell the library’s convincing story of its impact on your community.
Presented by: Ned Potter, author of the Library Marketing Toolkit, speaker, and academic librarian at the University of York, UK
- View Webinar Recording (You will be prompted to log in to our free Course Catalog.)
- View YouTube Recording of live stream
- View Slides (pdf)
- View Chat (xls)
- View Captions (txt)
- Learner Guide (doc) Use alone or with others to extend your learning.
- Read webinar recaps from WebJunction and Ned Potter
- WebJunction's Marketing & Outreach section
- Read the blog at thewikiman.org
- More specifics about the book Library Marketing Toolkit
- More on why marketing libraries is like marketing mayonnaise
- Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library and David Lee King
- 10 Golden Rules To Take Your Library’s Twitter Account to the Next Level
- Advanced Twitter Search for social monitoring and patron interaction
- An example of using Storify to document positive feedback
- Research on libraries and library use to inform your marketing
Shared in Chat:
29 August 2013
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
17 July 2018
26 July 2018
14 August 2018
22 August 2018
03 October 2018